Professional Development Events
The GCC offers a range of professional development opportunities for our members and some events are open to non-members. Our events are designed around the professional development competencies of the profession of graduate-level career and professional development which includes key skills like graduate career advising, teaching, research, outcomes tracking, assessment and much more.
You can find upcoming professional development events on the Events page.
Examples of past professional development events:
- Professional Development Lunch & Learn: A Re-Orientation to Re-Orientations (Feb. 3, 2021)
- PDC Committee Lunch and Learn: Navigating Your Professional Development as GCC Members (Feb. 23, 2021)
- PDC Committee Lunch and Learn: Engaging Graduate Student and Postdoc Alumni (Apr. 8, 2021)
- Making Strides in Graduate-Level Career Outcomes Reporting: Surveying the Landscape of Classification and Visualization Methodologies (Apr. 12, 2021)
- PDC Webinar Microcredentials Community of Practice (May 12, 2021)
- Reimagining Humanities Graduate Education: Toward Institutional Change (May 25, 2021)
- GCC Professional Development Committee Webinar: Life Cycle of a Grant (July 21, 2021)
- Navigating the Grant Landscape Part 2: GCC Member Perspectives (Sept. 14, 2021)
- Navigating the Grant Landscape Part 3: Funding Agency Perspectives (Oct. 5, 2021)
- Professional Development Committee Lunch & Learn: The Role of Measurement in Evaluation and Research: A case-study of the Toolkit for assessing IDP process outcomes (Feb. 17, 2022)
- Professional Development Committee Lunch & Learn: Evaluation in Higher Education: An Applied Experience (Mar. 31, 2022)