The Communications Committee
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/graduate-career-consortium/
YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/GCC-YouTube-Channel
- Share volunteer & professional development opportunities with GCC members
- Promote GCC initiatives (including the annual conference, virtual career expo, mentoring program, and more) and accomplishments
- Elevate the GCC brand and highlight GCC's work to external audiences
- Promote the work of GCC members as individuals
- Increase awareness of the value of GCC membership and graduate-level career development as a field
- Facilitate and support internal GCC communications, especially between committees
What We Do:
The Carpe Careers Writing group provides an opportunity for GCC members to write optimistic, personal, and actionable blog posts for the Carpe Careers blog, hosted on the Inside Higher Ed website. The target audience for these posts include current PhD students and postdocs, early career professionals with advanced degrees, and our own community of graduate-level career advisors. In addition to writing blog posts, members can also serve as Peer Editors, providing support and feedback to other GCC members as they are creating narratives for their blog posts that align with the positive voice of Carpe Careers. Fundamental to this committee is our outreach on social media to promote the posts, the authors, and the general mission of the GCC, and the Social Media Chair directs our efforts in this medium.
GCC Members can sign up to write Carpe Careers articles for Inside Higher Education in the members-only area here
ImaginePhD is a free online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences which was created with the effort of more than 106+ GCC members. Launched in October 2017, it now has nearly 50,000 users from 90 countries. Imaginephd continues to be a free and confidential tool made possible through GCC support, sponsorship, and GCC member volunteer effort.