2019 Conference Call for Proposals
The 2019 GCC Conference Planning Committee invites GCC members to submit proposals
for the annual conference, which takes place June 26-June 28, 2019 in New Orleans, LA. This year, the conference theme is "Creating Clarity and Community": A Conference for Leaders in Graduate and Postdoctoral Career and Professional Development.
We are excited to receive your proposals for member-generated breakout sessions
, poster, or creative sessions
. Creative session is a new option. See description below.
Deadline for all proposals has recently been extended to March 17, 2019 at 11:59 pm PT.
|Guidelines for 50-minute Member-generated Sessions
We are seeking proposals for the 50-minute Member-generated Sessions that advance new ideas to enhance the professional and career development of our students/postdocs or for sessions that lead us to grow and thrive as academic and career development professionals. We welcome proposals that address any of the following topic(s):
Due to our growing membership and increase in submissions, we will evaluate proposals and select those that are strong in:
- Mental health issues, resilience and grit, self-care, well-being and mindfulness
- Conscious inclusion, cultural intelligence, awareness, and sensitivity
- Career planning for international, minority, underrepresented and marginalized groups
- Measures of effectiveness: learning goals, impact, and success
- Grant proposal(s) teams, partnerships, collaborations, and resourcefulness
- Data outcomes, career trends
- Workforce development for global opportunities and mobility
In addition, the committee will aim to select proposals that represent a wide range of perspectives and institutions.
- Alignment with topics in the guidelines (not required but highly recommended as in line with conference theme)
- Evidence of impact
- Clarity of session outcomes
- Potential to engage participants in the session
Guidelines for Poster Session
This year we have room for as many posters as are submitted. Feel free to propose within the topical guidelines of the 50-minute Member Generated Sessions or on a different topic.
Guidelines for Creative Session - New for 2019!
We are inviting proposals in various formats that are creative extensions or explorations of our work as practitioners of graduate/postdoctoral career and professional development. We are planning one session that could include any of the following:
- Lightning talk (3 minutes with one slide)
- Short visualizations/video or animation films (maximum of 5 minutes)
- Short performances (song, dance, sketch/skit, comedy, storytelling etc.) (maximum of 5 minutes)
With best regards,
Conference Program & Poster Committees
Are you connected with the GCC on social media? Check us out!
Twitter: @Grad_Careers, @CarpeCareers, @ImaginePhD